Monday 4 January 2010

Final Fantasy I - Monster List

This table lists the monsters found in the first Final Fantasy game, and where to find them. This list is applicable to the version released for the PSX as Final Fantasy Origins, along with FF2.

I wrote it because the game includes two very simple lists (you can find them in the menu, under 'config') - items collected, and monsters defeated. Each treasure chest opened adds to your percentage on the former, while each different kind of monster defeated adds to your percentage on the latter. As you complete these lists, more artwork will be unlocked.

I admit, the sheer fact that a percentage is listed means that I want to reach 100%. It's impossible to find a similar guide anywhere that I've seen, simply because most sites are geared towards the US, where I gather the games were released differently. And, half the time, they're for the GBA edition anyway.

Use ctrl+f to search through the list. It's ordered as it appears in the game, which is, generally speaking, in order of appearance. The places listed may not be the only places the enemy can be found. The objective is - as far as I'm concerned - to fill in empty spaces. Should you find one, look up the monster just above it and scroll down.

Because I'm already 65% through on my current playthrough, at the time of writing, for many monsters, the location will simply be the name of the dungeon.
































































































































































































































































Name of Monster Where can I find it?
Goblin Near Cornelia
Goblin Guard Near Cornelia
Wolf Near Cornelia
Crazy Horse Near Cornelia
Skeleton Temple of Chaos
Black Widow Temple of Chaos
Gigas Worm
Temple of Chaos
Warg Wolf
Temple of Chaos
WerewolfTemple of Chaos
Zombie Temple of Chaos
GhoulTemple of Chaos
Garland Boss of the Temple of Chaos
CobraNear Provoca
Ogre Near Provoca
Ogre Chieftain Near Provoca
Lizard Near Provoca
Pirate Provoca
Sahagin Ocean
Sahagin Chief
Ocean
Privateer Ocean
Shark Ocean
Goggler Ocean
Tarantula Near Elfheim
Ghast Near Elfheim
Scorpion Marsh Cave
Shadow Marsh Cave
Green Slime Marsh Cave
Crawler Marsh Cave
Gray Ooze
Marsh Cave
Gargoyle Marsh Cave
Piscodemon Marsh Cave
Astos Western Keep
Mummy Where can I find it?
Wraith Where can I find it?
Anaconda Where can I find it?
Hyenadon Where can I find it?
Lesser Tiger
Where can I find it?
Minotaur Where can I find it?
Hill Gigas Where can I find it?
Gnoma Where can I find it?
Troll Where can I find it?
Wight Where can I find it?
Ochre Jelly
Where can I find it?
Cockatrice Where can I find it?
Vampire Where can I find it?
Ogre Mage Where can I find it?
Sphinx Where can I find it?
Lich Where can I find it?
Centipede Where can I find it?
Piranha Where can I find it?
Red Piranha Where can I find it?
Crocodile

River near Crescent Lake
White Croc River near Crescent Lake
Ochu River near Crescent Lake
Neochu River near Crescent Lake
HydraRiver near Crescent Lake
Horned DevilMt Gulg
Pyrolisk Mt Gulg
PyrosMt Gulg
Fire HydraMt Gulg
Lava Worm

Mt Gulg
HellhoundMt Gulg
Fire Lizard Mt Gulg
Fire Gigas Mt Gulg
Red Dragon Mt Gulg
MarilithMt Gulg
White Dragon Ice Cavern
Winter Wolf Ice Cavern
Mind Flare Ice Cavern
Ice Gigas Ice Cavern
Specter Ice Cavern
Remora Ice Cavern
Dark Wizard Ice Cavern
Evil Eye Ice Cavern
Desert Baretta Near Onlak
Sabretooth Near Onlak
Wyvern Near Onlak
Wyrm Flying Fortress
Manticore Near Onlak
Baretta Near Lufenia
Basilisk Where can I find it?
Allosaurus Near the Tower of Mirage
Weretiger Near the Citadel of Trials
???? Where can I find it?
NecrotaurCitadel of Trials
King Mummy Citadel of Trials
Medusa Citadel of Trials
Rakshasa Citadel of Trials
Clay Golem
Citadel of Trials
Nightmare Citadel of Trials
Dragon Zombie Citadel of Trials
Sahagin Prince Sunken Shrine
White Shark Sunken Shrine
Deepeyes Sunken Shrine
Sea SnakeSunken Shrine
Sea Scorpion Sunken Shrine
Sea TrollSunken Shrine
Ghost Sunken Shrine
Aquos Sunken Shrine
Water Naga Sunken Shrine
Kraken Boss of the Sunken Shrine
???? Where can I find it?
Black Knight Tower of Mirage
Chimera Tower of Mirage
Guardian Tower of Mirage
Blue Dragon Tower of Mirage
Green Dragon
Temple of Chaos
Stone Golem Flying Fortress
Aeros Flying Fortress
Spirit Naga Flying Fortress
Doom Knight Flying Fortress
Earth Medusa Flying Fortress
Dark Flan Flying Fortress
Soldier Flying Fortress
Vampire Lord Flying Fortress
Dark Warrior Flying Fortress
Warmech Flying Fortress. You only have a 1/64 chance of meeting this monster. The best place is on the bridge just before fighting Tiamat.
Tiamat Boss of the Flying Fortress
Rhyos Temple of Chaos
Death Eye Temple of Chaos
Purple Worm Temple of Chaos
Name of Monster Where can I find it?
Lich Temple of Chaos
Marilith Temple of Chaos
Kraken Temple of Chaos
Tiamat Temple of Chaos
Chaos Temple of Chaos

No comments: