Sunday 18 January 2009

Sushi

So, I tried sushi for the first ever time this weekend. I'd heard that it's best when from a restaurant, as the warmth of the chef's hands improves the taste - as opposed to say, it chilling in a freezer. But needs must. I went for a little £2 lunchpack thing from Tesco. I'd never noticed that they sold them before. It looked quite cute.

Since my packet contained tuna, which I don't like, I found that smell a little overpowering. The chewy, tail-end of the salmon-y looking fish was a little too chewy for my liking, too. However, the soft salmon-y bit was much nicer - if slightly flavoured with tuna.

The rice was a little too sweet for my liking, but this was set off nicely by the soy sauce, which came in the most adorable, dinky little fish-shaped bottle. All in all, I think my first foray into the world of raw fish was a success.

My boyfriend conceded to trying the soy sauce, on a single chip. He says it wasn't entirely horrible, which is quite a success for him.

No comments: